The Manager Selection Group specializes in managing bespoke private markets programs in fund-of-funds structures.
During times of rising inflation and the anticipation for potential rate hikes, private markets continue to offer an attractive alternative value proposition, for which our aim is to harvest the illiquidity and complexity risk premium for our investors.
We offer customized private market solutions tailored to our client’s specific requirements that benefit from our thorough and repeatable investment process. Our clients will get access to best-in-class managers – established and niche – and can rely on our in-depth due diligence process, covering investment and operational aspects, as well as ESG considerations. Our aim is to construct robust and diversified private markets portfolios for our clients for the long-term; portfolios built to produce attractive risk/return profiles throughout cycles that are centered on the requirements of each individual client.
In short, each bespoke structure will be as distinct as the requirements of our clients. We can achieve this with our long-standing expertise and deep market coverage and by putting our clients’ requirements at the core of our work. Our services do not stop with the portfolio construction, as within our holistic approach we can cover the entire life of an investment and provide a close monitoring of the underlying managers, strategies and positions.
Our Platform at a Glance
– Tailored Investment Strategy
- Definition of investment strategy according to short and long-term individual requirements in close collaboration with our clients
- Discussion of return targets and applicable risks
- Setting target allocations, limitations and restrictions
- Setup of target investment structure (e.g. closed-ended, evergreen)
– Manager Selection
- Market analysis and manager research
- Sourcing of primary, secondary and direct investment opportunities
- Comprehensive selection process and thorough due diligence (investment + operational)
- Commitment planning in relation to fund raising cycles
– Portfolio Construction & Management
- Building diversified portfolios across vintages, styles and risk/return profiles
- Allocation management throughout the lifecycle of underlying investments
- Close monitoring of all positions
- Optimize portfolio allocation to adapt to changing markets
Ongoing reporting tailored to specific needs, i.e.:
- Portfolio & Manager Report
- Drawdown & Commitment Report
- Ad-hoc analysis & reports